I'm finding 2010 dimes left and right, what happened to the excuse of when the banks order more nickels and dimes, the 2009's will be released. Bull, if thats so, where are they? They just happened to release 2010 by accident. I believe the mint and the large dealers are in cahoots to make a ton of money. I'm tired of hearing there BS stories about the 2009's.
I think you have something there. I'm sure that a lot of collectors, speculators, and dealers are holding onto what ever boxes of coins they could. Why sell now? If I could get my hands on a box or two I would hold for sure.
I really suspect many, many people are hoarding all 2009 coins if possible. They really are not sure why but they heard so much about the 100th anniversary of the Lincoln Cent, they are assuming that all 2009 coins will be worth a fortune someday. I find 2008's and 2010's now but still the 2009 anything is sort of scarce.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use