Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

unknown roman or greek coin help neede  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
53 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2010  11:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add paul heale to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi can anybody help me with this coin,its size is approx 22mm

Thanks again
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2010  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin appears to be a Roman Provinical, looks like Antoninus Pius.
Greece
14 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2010  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Getas75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Read:
Obv: ΑΥΤΟΚΚΑΙ�£�£BΟΥ�£ΠΑ�£ΙΑΝΟ�£ LB
Rev: ΑΛΞ...
Which would mean that this indeed a provincial, struck in the name of Vespasian in Alexandria.
Vespasian does indeed have Nike on some of his reverses in Alexandria...except they don't seem to have legends....

But then again this is not my field of expertise and I am working with no reference material...so I could be wrong about any of the above!

EDIT: The Obv. inscription: AYTOKKAISSEBOYESPASIANOS LB (Autokrator Kairar Sevastos Ouespasianos LB)
Edited by Getas75
11/18/2010 3:36 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
53 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2010  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paul heale to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Getas for the information
Valued Member
United Kingdom
53 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paul heale to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
any idea of the value?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
53 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2011  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paul heale to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi still cant find any record of this coin in any book has anybody got an idea of where I can find this coin or prehaps somebody could find it for me.Also any idea of the value

Thanks
Valued Member
Croatia (Locally: Hrvatska)
342 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2011  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nikola to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ROMAN EGYPT. Vespasian, 69-79 AD. AR Tetradrachm
AVTOK KAIS SEBA OVESPASIANOV LB
Laureate head right, regnal year in right field
ALEXAN_DRIA
Alexandria, winged, standing left, wreath in right hand, palm in left
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05