Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Collect Paper Money and Banknotes?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2010  7:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect the bills by year, then by district. The rest are just wacky serial numbers I thought were interesting, or notes that have been written on (I think it's funny how some people sign their names on the bill).

Just wondering how everyone else does it. If this topic has already been used, please point me to where.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2010  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Johnny1328 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well for me Manuel it was first what I liked but it morphed into certain sets that I am collecting. The first is U.S. Small FRN 2 dollar district set from 1928 to present.
Then to stay with that theme or 2 denomanation of world bank notes. Finally I am working on a 1986 World and Bank note set, of all coins minted and banknotes either dated or printed for use in 1986.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2010  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jlg1130 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just collect what I like. If something catches my eye, for one reason or another, than I hang onto it. I don't really have any rhyme or reason to what I collect, though. I just find it fun to leaf through the bills in my wallet, or to buy straps from the bank, to see what I can find.

Right now, it's just notes that I find in circulation, but I've been perusing eBay, and have found some old small size, and some large size notes that I wouldn't mind having.

The only "project" I currently have going is my $2 note project, which I've mentioned more than once on here, so I won't get into it again.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2010  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of my collection is $1's. Everything else, I have a few of. I plan to buy one of the new $100 bills with the security strip. But I guess that's gonna have to wait .

That sounds like a good idea Johnny1328. I think I might start doing that, since I have a set I'm trying to build (US) with all the 2003 notes, made in the sixth district (closest one to where I live) from $1 to the largest note made that year.

I love getting two dollar bills, simply because of the fact they are two dollar bills. I find them weird, at least to me.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2011  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How Do You Collect Paper Money and Banknotes?

Collecting Paper Money and Banknotes with available floor space in mind can be quite satisfying.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2011  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah zee, but collecting hundreds like that gets boring quick.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2011  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My closet...

what I pack to travel for a couple of days...

What I sleep on...

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2011  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use those silly things as napkins or tissues
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2011  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you guys get pictures of my bedroom.
The Bill Collector
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill, please email me with your street address and the hours that you will be at work.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3654 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  10:33 am  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That first pic is from a Mexican drug bust. The amount of domestic cash they used to work with was so little, so imagine where all their backers are coming from..... hmmm...

But back on topic, I find it hard to justify keeping most bills. I only keep crispy ones that are outdated (Journey series for Canada, and pre-Fed USA of which I have none). Can't find many so I stick to coins.
Edited by Libertad
01/26/2011 10:36 am
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zee,
I work at home, counting my money, it's a full time job.
The Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
01/26/2011 10:46 am
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2011  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IHPO8S to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
star notes, and mostly haiwia, north africa,redseal funny backs, redseal saw blankets. Error notes. I'm all over the board just like my coin collecting.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05