Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

this 20$ bill from 1954 has the ''devils face'' right?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  9:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

sorry I cant show the whole bill, the computer wont let me but it appears the bill has a thing called the ''devils face'', I just wanted to make sure. the bill is in great condition despite a 16 written in pen,(the bill itself has only 1 fold line down the middle of it going vertically and the rest of the bill is uncirculated) how much do you think its worth? sorry for the limited info
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6201 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it does. he has one eye and a long droopy nose looking right on the right side of her hair.
Happy Thanksgiving ~ I am grateful!
Valued Member
Canada
364 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cazzuey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is to my understanding that all of these have the "devil's face". We are going to need to see the whole bill to determine a value
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is to my understanding that all of these have the "devil's face". We are going to need to see the whole bill to determine a value

Nope.

In 1954 When the Canadian Government released the new 1954 notes into circulation there were complaints that the "Devils Head" could be seen in the Queens hair. Later, in 1956 the Canadian Government released a new set of 1954 notes into circulation, with the "Modified" hair. These modified notes were printed until the new series replaced it. (The new series was the Multicolored Series).

"Devils Head" is highlighted on the left and "Modified" is on the right.

As you can tell by the Picture, your note is a devils head.
Want to Buy: PCGS Graded 1878-S Morgan dollar (PO-01)
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
12/23/2010 01:41 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry I cant show the whole bill, the computer wont let me but it appears the bill has a thing called the ''devils face'', I just wanted to make sure. the bill is in great condition despite a 16 written in pen,(the bill itself has only 1 fold line down the middle of it going vertically and the rest of the bill is uncirculated) how much do you think its worth? sorry for the limited info

Looking at the scans you do provide, I would say the note is not even close to uncirculated. My guess would be around a VF.

Here are some prices for this note, from the Charlton Standard Catalogue 23rd Edition (2011).

VG: $40
F: $55
VF: $75
EF: $125
AU: $250
UNC: $500
C.Unc: $575
G.Unc: $700

Your note is also a changeover, so it had some extra value. (There is little difference is value for low grade changeovers. This note was only worth an extra $5)

Hope I helped! As you can see by my name, Canadian Banknotes are "my thing"
Edited by Canadian-Banknotes
12/22/2010 10:29 pm
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Problem. If you have any more Canadian notes, I would be happy to help.

And to the forum!
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do you know the mintage of my bill?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2010  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I just need to know the signatures.
Its either of these two.

Coyne-Towers: 7,200,000

OR

Beattie-Coyne: 2,800,000
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
its a beattie
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4875 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadian-Banknotes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, so there were 2,800,000 printed.

There is no price difference between the two notes however, I am not sure why.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting...
Valued Member
Canada
437 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsnpaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the serial number? Charlton reports the highest known Coyne Towers to be B/E 7175894, and the lowest known Beattie Coyne to be B/E 7271414? Is yours lower than the last? if so, a scan of the serial number to Charlton's might help close the gap.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2010  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add splatto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's a changeover note?
Merry Christmas everyone
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2010  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add strech15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the serial number is B/E 7286607 (beatie-coyne)
Valued Member
Canada
437 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2011  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsnpaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A changeover is the point that the signatures change in the series- probably
B/E 7200000.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05