Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Six Errors I need help identifying  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Snazzypit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here are six Error Coins That I need to determine what the error is. I have some thoughts as to what they are, but I am not positive. thanks for your help

Adding Better IMages
Edited by Snazzypit
12/23/2010 3:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DylansDad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...I'd say 1-2-5 look like struck through capped die strikes.

The others are hard to say due to the picture quality, but I'd say struck through's of some sort.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snazzypit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
out of 66 people only one person huh. Are the pictures that bad? And the 1st one is not struck through capped die. the second pic is of the reverse, it is indented with Lincoln image but does nto appear to be struck with the revere die at all
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is indented with Lincoln image but does nto appear to be struck with the revere die at all

That is the definition of a capped die. There is no way one die can strike a coin without the other to press against. There had to be something over the one die to make it not strike the coin with the design. I am not an error collector and don't know allot about them but I do know one die can not strike a design into the coin unless the other die is against the planchet also, even if the design is covered up by something
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05