Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Serial number question  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If the serial number on a note is all the same number (lets say all 7s) is there a special name or terminology for that? I'm pretty sure the ones I've seen have brought a premium. Just curious as to what they are called.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only name I can think of is the note having a "solid" serial number.... technically it could be a radar too
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ok... Bored at work and just doing some online searches. I found a 77777777, but they want way too much for it :). I don't like paper money that much haha.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can only imagine what it is offered for, and I probably don't like paper money that much either...
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Solid would be the common term, as Money suggested other names apply... radar, repeater, and monary (threw that in for Zee). And that one is overpriced.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
7's are considered good luck so a solid 7 note will carry a premium.I am not sure how much of one but I am sure someone would pay a premium for it
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iamkayelem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's a nice one... especially since it starts and ends with an F
Pillar of the Community
United States
880 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lukkyseven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really liked it, but not for that kinda money.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20276 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if it would be worth more if it began and ended with a G ?
I know some of you are thinking why would it . Because G is the seventh letter of the alphabet .
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Idea! You could make a set! A 11111111 A, B 22222222 B etc.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1282 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In that "grade" fourteen / fifteen hundred seems a fair price.

Money has it right - Some collect solids based on Fed district # and not on alphas and is referred as - one on a one, two on a two etc.
Edited by Ceylon62
12/24/2010 6:26 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05