Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Does ANACS Certify First Strikes?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 7,389Next Topic  
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2006  12:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coins.Guide to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Why does ANACS certify "First Strikes" when the U.S. Mint doesn't even know which coins were struck first? (The Mint has posted a warning about this on their Consumer Awareness Hot Topics page.) As a long time ANACS customer, I am disappointed that ANACS hasn't led the charge towards integrity by using a more honest designation such as "First Release" or "First Day/Week/Month of Sale" (indicating that the coin was sold on the first day, as proven via sales receipt, etc.)

Can you please address this subject?

(Submitted by About.com Coins Guide on behalf of an anonymous visitor, edited for clarity and brevity.)
ANACS President
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2006  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Taylor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your question. As the industry defines "First Strikes" it means a coin that was struck within a month after the coin was first issued. The Mint--the government--sees it differently. I know enough to not fight city hall, much less everyone inside the beltway. I'll leave it to people and the market to decide for themselves.

As for why ANACS does it, simply because there is a demand for it. Obviously not from you or your customer, but enough people must like them. But I've gotta say, I'm like you though. I wonder why they still make sugar-coated cereal. I never touch it.

James
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 7,389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05