Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where To Pick Up Rolls Of Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 61,201Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  12:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sharpbfast to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been reading a lot about people searching there rolls or keeping rolls of coins or even boxes. I also see they go to there local banks.

My question is do you just go there and be like can I get a roll of quarters and that is what you search or what?

Are there other places you can buy rolls and start the search?

Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LastGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can get rolls from most banks - even banks you have no account with. If you ask for small amounts - you will get customer wrapped rolls. If you ask for large amounts (for cents - amounts over $25), you will almost certainly get as box,(or boxes) of coins. I go through about $150 worth of Lincoln cents a month. I get $100 at a time ordered a week in advance - and get 4 $25 boxes of Lincoln cents. Then throughout the month I just ask banks I run across (and have no account with) for $5 - $10 worth of pennies at a time. I purposely ask for small amounts at these banks to make certain I get customer wrapped rolls. They often contain coins that have not circulated in years (sometimes decades), and just occasionally portions of collections that are being turned in for face value. (like wheat cents etc...)

I normally roll search Lincoln cents. But you can still find silver in dime, quarter and half rolls.

Good luck, and let us know what you find!
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sharpbfast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That makes perfect sense. I definitely will be trying this out very soon. Thanks for the info LastGold.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, customer wrapped rolls have the greatest chance of finds.
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sharpbfast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet I'll def start doing that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah they sure do in my first ten dime rolls I found 2 silvers!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3592 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2011  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get bags from counting machines...find lots of good stuff.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2011  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add toddscoins66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite banks to get rolls of circulated coins are from small sized banks in medium to big cities, they usually re-roll their own coins brought in off the street. The same goes for almost any bank in small towns. Also look for smaller banks that may not do a lot of "business" type accounts for they will not need to keep their roll supply up for the businesses to give their customers change and will not need to order rolls from the Federal Reserve which have gone through special machines that account for coin weight "silver" and out of shape/error coins.
These banks almost always reroll the coins that come off the street.
And with the way the economy is now, many people are cashing in those jugs and jars of change they have been saving for years.
When I go to the big banks or really any bank, the first teller that greets me or opens up to me is the teller I will go to , to ask for my rolls. Just be somewhat business like and polite and you will get what you are needing.once I have a good conversation with the teller I ask them if they have rolls that come from the Federal Reserve or if they reroll their own coins. I like a small bank that have the rolls with uncrimped rolls, this can mean the rolls were hand loaded and the ends just bent over or taped shut....they don't have time to "search" the coins when they are trying to resupply their coin roll inventory. Hope this may help anyone who reads this, and GOOD LUCK!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4194 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2011  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toddscoins, I've been roll hunting steadily for the last 4 years...multiple bank accounts and thousands of dollars worth searched...I have yet to come across a bank that has supplied me with coins directly from the fed reserve. How do you know that they come from the fed?
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2011  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I go to carryouts and ask them to give me a roll from the cash register. They use some kind of plastic roll measure thing and they just give me the loose coins. I done that with nickels the other day and found a 1948. I haven't went to a bank in a long time though.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2017  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kevin6969 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have 300 + 1960 D - Bank of Chase Manhatten & over 100 - 1959 D - Bank of Chicago

*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 61,201Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05