Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The New $100 Polymer Money

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 5,289Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1050 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2011  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugly, I wish more people could understand your viewpoint. The phrase "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" is fiction. Freedom means adhering to a set of principles, not accepting invasive measures because you "have nothing to hide". A cashless society sounds great until you consider that someday the government may skim some sales tax off the top them you buy something at a garage sale with your digital credits. A completely traceable system puts people at the absolute mercy of those that manage the flow of those credits.
Valued Member
Australia
138 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oasis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another huge problem with the "cashless" society is that you're relying on the computer systems staying up at all time. I believe three of the four major banks in Australia have had problems just in the past few months where their systems have gone down for a day or two.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe in metal cash like gold and silver bullion or coins it seem to be the safety zone when the stock Marget or world economy goes bad and paper money or promises are all you have left its hard to eat on promises.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20591 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Mexico
1304 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harrison2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh my...that was quick! Nicely done!! Wish I would have thought of it. :)
Administrator
Learn More...
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2011  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Admin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cleaned up. Please stay on topic.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3689 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2011  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to check the bills for anything unusual. First runs can have errors they don't foresee. An example is the $100 peso note from Mexico with a Freudian slip in the legend.... which incidentally has a train on it - a note with roughly the same value as the future $10 CAD with a train on it.
Edited by Libertad
06/23/2011 8:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
604 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the usefulness of $100 bills for lawful commerce.

At my local Costco, you can pay for items in cash, or by American Depress. I don't really want to get an American Depress card for the eight times a year I go there, so I'm stuck with cash.

If I wanted to buy a $700 flatscreen, that's 35 twenties, which are awfully hard to keep track of. I found its much easier to go to the bank and get 7 hundreds.
Valued Member
Canada
490 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add billfrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will grading standards change for these 'plastic' notes?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2011  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I imagine there have been allowances made for grading. Looking into Australia bank note grading, likely be the same for us.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 5,289Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05