Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 Rare 50c Coin

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 6,518Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well guys I'mnot to sure how many of you actually know about the 1988 coat of arms coin. I managed to pick one up for a small price and I am still waiting for it to be delivered :). Who knows about this coin?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1516 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen mention of it in passing. Do you know how many exist?
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i would be very interested in seeing this coin (or photos/scans). if you want to turn a quick profit let me know as I am after one of these!
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are also a few CoA 50c from '77 - I haven't seen one of these either and am interested in getting hold of both
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the 88 and the 77. As I said I haven't received the coin and I am told it is uncirculated. Steve once it is delivered ill post a few pics even though I'mreally bad at it. I'm not getting excited as it hasn't even come yet.

Mr.T there have only been 7 sales for the 1977 one and for the 1988 I am not to sure
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I have the same info here - 1 known '88 CoA and 7 known '77 CoA's for the 50c
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also a "trail pattern" '88 '50c' While I call it a 50c it is not really a 50c...
see http://www.triton.vg/trial.html
I know someone that knows someone that has one - I want to buy it but the owner is presently a guest of her majesty... just have to wait
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh yes please!!
They are relly cool to look at.
thanks for sharing!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive heard the parliment house 1988 coin is worth alot. Do you have more info on it? Is it taken from circulation? I havent heard much about them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nevermind its all in the link.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1516 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there have only been 7 sales for the 1977 one and for the 1988 I am not to sure

I read somewhere there were three known 1977 Coat of Arms. Are there seven or have a few been sold multiple times?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Um not to sure, Sorry.
Valued Member
Australia
318 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinManTim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very interesting thread. Have never heard of these before!

Aarong, interested to know what is a "small price"? If you don't mind disclosing.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17181 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
steve - oz 50c man:

I actually attended that auction and saw this pattern! As shown here, it was estimated at $250, which I thought was rather low, and so submitted a written bid before the sale at $400; I really thought It could bring more than that, but that was all I could afford at the time.

Bidding zoomed past $400 in a flash, and my floor bid for $600 was ignored, because the action was so hot. In retrospect, the final price of $2100 (to which 16 1/2per cent buyers commission was added), is still too low.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Greg McDonald's 2010 picket guide it says an EF 1988 parliament house coin would go for around $7500. Is this wrong?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17181 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aarong: Again in retrospect, I think McDonald has priced it too high, but being a pattern, it very rare, and so it is really an exerecise in futility to put a definite dollar value on it.

My futile guess value would be around $5000. That is what my top bid at auction would be right now, if I had the money, which I don't.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 6,518Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05