Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 Rare 50c Coin

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 6,872Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well guys I'm not to sure how many of you actually know about the 1988 coat of arms coin. I managed to pick one up for a small price and I am still waiting for it to be delivered :). Who knows about this coin?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1797 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen mention of it in passing. Do you know how many exist?
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i would be very interested in seeing this coin (or photos/scans). if you want to turn a quick profit let me know as I am after one of these!
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are also a few CoA 50c from '77 - I haven't seen one of these either and am interested in getting hold of both
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the 88 and the 77. As I said I haven't received the coin and I am told it is uncirculated. Steve once it is delivered ill post a few pics even though I'm really bad at it. I'm not getting excited as it hasn't even come yet.

Mr.T there have only been 7 sales for the 1977 one and for the 1988 I am not to sure
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I have the same info here - 1 known '88 CoA and 7 known '77 CoA's for the 50c
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also a "trail pattern" '88 '50c' While I call it a 50c it is not really a 50c...
see http://www.triton.vg/trial.html
I know someone that knows someone that has one - I want to buy it but the owner is presently a guest of her majesty... just have to wait
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh yes please!!
They are relly cool to look at.
thanks for sharing!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive heard the parliment house 1988 coin is worth alot. Do you have more info on it? Is it taken from circulation? I havent heard much about them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nevermind its all in the link.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1797 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there have only been 7 sales for the 1977 one and for the 1988 I am not to sure

I read somewhere there were three known 1977 Coat of Arms. Are there seven or have a few been sold multiple times?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Um not to sure, Sorry.
Valued Member
Australia
318 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  04:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinManTim to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very interesting thread. Have never heard of these before!

Aarong, interested to know what is a "small price"? If you don't mind disclosing.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18724 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
steve - oz 50c man:

I actually attended that auction and saw this pattern! As shown here, it was estimated at $250, which I thought was rather low, and so submitted a written bid before the sale at $400; I really thought It could bring more than that, but that was all I could afford at the time.

Bidding zoomed past $400 in a flash, and my floor bid for $600 was ignored, because the action was so hot. In retrospect, the final price of $2100 (to which 16 1/2per cent buyers commission was added), is still too low.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Greg McDonald's 2010 picket guide it says an EF 1988 parliament house coin would go for around $7500. Is this wrong?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18724 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
aarong: Again in retrospect, I think McDonald has priced it too high, but being a pattern, it very rare, and so it is really an exerecise in futility to put a definite dollar value on it.

My futile guess value would be around $5000. That is what my top bid at auction would be right now, if I had the money, which I don't.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 6,872Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05