Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2004 20c Coin Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  07:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ingine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on this 2004 20 cent coin error please. (Sorry for the picture quality, I'm new at this!)

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31269 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a pro but it looks like a miss aligned die with a partial collar error.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

i agree with John1
Nice find
Pillar of the Community
Australia
518 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AaronG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF :)
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find!
And welcome to CCF!
Did you get it in change?
Gecko
Valued Member
Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ingine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thank you for the info. and thank you for the welcome! My friend found it in his change and brought it to me for advice as he does not use a computer :) Does anyone have a clue as to how rare this coin is and how much it could be worth?
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add floridapalms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a nice variety 20c found in circulation well done.
Varieties like these are impossible to tell how rare they are and value is what buyers are willing to pay for it.
Take it to an ANDA dealer for advice Ingine and thats a nice post
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1295 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2011  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thats a nice variety 20c found in circulation well done.
Varieties like these are impossible to tell how rare they are and value is what buyers are willing to pay for it.
Take it to an ANDA dealer for advice Ingine and thats a nice post

Peter has given you some great advice there.
Pillar of the Community
Philippines
606 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2011  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add augbauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a rare find to me
Valued Member
Australia
122 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ingine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all, my mate will be stoked!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
tilted partial collar strike
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05