Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My New Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,671Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1549 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dougsmit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you write: VP IOVL ANT(CELEVKOV MAP)KIANOPOLITWN
rather than: VP IOVL ANT CELEVKOV MAPKIAN(OPOLIT)WN?
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry. I meant to take out the parenthesis. That is how it was written on a coin I found where that part of the legend was illegible. I was having a ton of trouble finding this particular coin. Is the attribution correct then?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1549 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2011  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dougsmit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Is the attribution correct then?"

I hope you were not asking me. I do not own that book and one thing I try very hard not to do is quote catalog numbers from books I have not checked. I realize there are may wonderful online resources and 99% of the time you might get a correct reference number from them but unless you understand what the original author used to separate one coin from another, it is asking for error to quote second hand numbers. I see no need for catalog numbers except as a shorthand for separating one coin from another. The ID of the coin otherwise is as I see the coin except it bothers me that no one mentions that large E in the field or applies the denomination name (E=5 assaria) as if that is of no importance.
  Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,671Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums