Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What Else Do You Collect?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 605 / Views: 103,193Next Topic
Page: of 41
New Member
Terry-NamVet's Avatar
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Terry-NamVet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect allot of things First is Arrow Heads from Ohio and Kentucky, Here,s one of many frames.




What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

South Vietnam Military Patches, These are a couple of many frames.



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

US Military- One of many frames.



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

Airborne



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

Sky Dive



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

Purple Heart License Plates from many States.



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

Weather Vanes and Lightening Rods



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

And of course Coins



What-Else-Do-You-Collect?
Bedrock of the Community
IndianGoldEagle's Avatar
United States
37201 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting collection Terry, I've collected military items on and off over the years.
Valued Member
PSPVinyls's Avatar
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PSPVinyls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect bottles, bells, lighters, have a few from the 50's, flasks, insulators, and scratch off lottery tickets. I had some from the 80's and 90's, but when we had a big storm we got water 3 inches all through the basement. Lost them all. Now I had to start over from 2000.
Also love collecting old postcards. Have a lot from the early 1900's and a squeaker that still works. I love getting ones that have been in circulation. I find it exciting to read handwritten letters, especially when it's written in cursive with old felt tip pens. And I really find it amazing how back then they were able to add foil accents on the holiday cards. Some of the Christmas cards I scan and print onto silk for craft projects. And finally, since I'm a graphic designer and using the computer to do digital art, I found it very relaxing to fix old photos and "develop" old negatives.
Valued Member
CrusaderVW's Avatar
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrusaderVW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm starting to get into stamps, since I inherited quite a few. I keep almost anything I dig up with my metal detector. I also collect bottles whenever I get the chance from different places I visit. Both my mother and I always gather up rocks from different places too.
Valued Member
Taiwan
192 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Guybrush to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For mainstream collectibles, I like coins, toys, and antiques.

Since I was a small kid I like toys and have some LEGO's, Tomica cars, and Hotwheels. On my highschool years I still occasionally buy some LEGO.

Oh and recently I started to build a Yugioh deck... It broke my wallet better spend those funds on coins lol.

I mentioned "mainstream" above since I also collect things that are.... usually not collectible perhaps?

I like to dismantle broken old computer parts to look for ball bearings, various switches (various types), other cool-looking parts and neodymium magnets. Not just the common large ones from HDD's, but sometimes there are tiny ones as well.

Here are some of my ball bearing finds:
What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

Few years ago, I was charmed by Mercury... (it's an element, not a dime ) so bought a couple of thermometers and smashed them open . Just love how it moves, its hight density, shininess, etc... Still have it sealed in the ampoule, too bad it tarnished a bit.

My chemistry teacher gave me a bit of Iodine crystals and sealed it up in an ampoule too, much fun watching it sublime and eventually liquefy (saturated vapor), then freeze and crystallize again.

Maybe if I dig my stuff up I may find something else...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember as a kid the first chapter book that I chose and read on my own was The Silver Horn of Robin Hood by Donald E. Cooke. I loved the story and read another Robin Hood book.then asked for one for Christmas.then bought one at a used book fair.and another and another for years. I have about 350 different Robin Hood books by different authors.

Then ebay came to be and I started with memorabilia. Stuff from Disney to Robin Hood gun powder, puppets to tokens. See most of the tokens here ~ http://goccf.com/t/303666

We put built in bookcases in our dining room and converted it into a Library.aka Robin Hood Room. My wife is a good sport.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
shotgung's Avatar
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
US Military- One of many frames.


Where's that 3rd AD Spearhead patch at?
Hanau, Germany 1989-1992
Edited by shotgung
01/23/2018 4:15 pm
New Member
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wolfgang-s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Coins and stamps. But gave up on stamps, nothing worth anymore.
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
English antique furniture and paintings.


What-Else-Do-You-Collect?
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?

What-Else-Do-You-Collect?
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cars! I have -

1970 AMC AMX
1971 AMC AMX JAVELIN
2013 FORD FUSION
2008 CHEVY SILVERADO
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cars! I have -

1970 AMC AMX
1971 AMC AMX JAVELIN
2013 FORD FUSION
2008 CHEVY SILVERADO


No pictures? It never happened.
Pillar of the Community
Debrajc's Avatar
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2018  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread!

Most all of my "play money" ends up in my coin collection.
Valued Member
Lionel90's Avatar
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2018  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting stuff. I collect trains and coins.
What-Else-Do-You-Collect?
Valued Member
Taiwan
192 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2018  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Guybrush to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinfrog: beautiful!
  Previous TopicReplies: 605 / Views: 103,193Next Topic
Page: of 41

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Forums