Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Wheat Cent Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,283Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Tykimeister's Avatar
United States
882 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  2:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tykimeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers

Even though this coin is cleaned, isn't it a steal at this price?
http://cgi.ebay.com/1931-S-Lincoln-...al_W0QQitemZ a href= https://www.coincommunity.com/go/link.asp?target=https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/200075511621 target= _blank rel= nofollow https://www.coincommunity.com/go/link.asp?target=https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/200075511621 /a 200075511621QQihZ010QQcategoryZ139804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ALMOST-COMPLETE...DS_W0QQitemZ a href= https://www.coincommunity.com/go/link.asp?target=https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/220080751695 target= _blank rel= nofollow 220080751695 /a QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11944QQcmdZViewItem
Pillar of the Community
Learjet's Avatar
Australia
655 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Learjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone bought the first one in the last few seconds.
Valued Member
jtomlin's Avatar
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jtomlin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if I'd call it a "steal". I've seen uncleaned versions for comparable price. I just had a local dealer offer me a complete Lincoln collection in a nice Dansco album for 475.00. It was only missing the 1909-S-VDB and the 22 no D. Most of the memorial cents were BU and it had the proofs in the later years. Based on that I'd say the album is a good price for the key dates you get...I don't know if I'd call it a steal.

I didn't buy the album the dealer offered me. I still need some of those keys, but I enjoy the challenge of the hunt. I'm hoping to find them in the condition I want and the price I want. Don't we all
Pillar of the Community
Tykimeister's Avatar
United States
882 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tykimeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jtomlin,
If you find a 31 s in that condition for a comparable price, you be sure to let me know. :P
Ty
Pillar of the Community
Tykimeister's Avatar
United States
882 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tykimeister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...9495165&rd=1

This guy wants me to make a reasonable offer and he will check with the owners of the coins. What should I offer him?
Valued Member
jtomlin's Avatar
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jtomlin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tykimeister, I didn't phrase my comment about the 31S properly. I have seen uncleaned versions for a comparable price, but not in that condition. Unfortunately, cleaning really knocks down the value and I guess I'd rather have one with "no issues".

Here's the album I looked at. I actually sat in this guys shop and looked at this album and it was pretty nice. Look at it and compare the 2 collections since they are similar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909PS-1998PDS-...FS_W0QQitemZ120078423630QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11944QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pillar of the Community
Thundercoin's Avatar
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2007  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thundercoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ty,

If you are looking to spend a bit more here is a PCGS Ms-63 from Harlan Berk. It's for $150, and from the pic, I'd assume Red-Brown.

[urlhttp://www.harlanjberk.com/unitedst...s&linenum=41][/url]
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,283Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums