Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

50 Cent Fractional Currency

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,501Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2007  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I received this in the mail from thingee, her genorosity and thoughtfulness is very much appreciated.

thanks again

Image: 50-Cent-Fractional-Currency 904019A[1].jpg
60.02 KB



Image: 50-Cent-Fractional-Currency 904019B[1].jpg
52.52 KB
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2007  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey thingee are you out there!!
Pillar of the Community
AuldFartte's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2007  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AuldFartte to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool little fractional. How old is that?
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2007  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1875
Rest in Peace
Gary Burke's Avatar
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2007  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim:

Any idea where one could buy a fractional currency? And, what would the price range be for one in average condition?
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2007  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really I dont know, I guess the same place you would find anything else, But I will look around for you.
Rest in Peace
Gary Burke's Avatar
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2007  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While at the Pueblo (Colorado) Coin Show I bought two of the fractional currencies. They both look exactly like the one pictured. One was about the same shape, and the other was a little better.

I also bought a 1917 large U.S. One Dollar banknote. What a neat piece of currency!! If it wasn't for a lack of funds, I could easily become a paper money collector!!
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2007  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you gary I am glad You had fun , I am soory I didn't get back to you any sooner
Rest in Peace
Gary Burke's Avatar
United States
3730 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2007  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gary Burke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, It was just a coincidence that I stumbled on to the fractional currency at the coin show right after I asked about where I could buy such notes.

I wasn't even aware there was going to be a coin show. I was in Pueblo covering the state girls' basketball tournament, and my brother-in-law glanced at the newspaper, and there it was! Turned out the coin show was at the Colorado State Fairgrounds, which was the same place as the basketball tourbnament.

I walked in the door, and there were the fractional notes!!!!
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2007  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well good things happen to good people
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,501Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums