Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Other Three New Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 863Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
579 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  9:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Whizb4ng to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
These coins I actually all got from Masis. I seem to be a regular customer of his now!

The first is another Alexandrian Nero. I don't know why but I do really like his coins from this period. I got this one mainly because of the reverse since as you can see the obverse isn't the best. I do like that Masis attributes the coins he sells and gives the full dimensions/weight making it easy for me!

Other-Three-New-Coins

AR Tetradrachm
Obverse: NEPΩ KΛAV KAIΣ - ΣEBA Î"EP BEΛ AVTO,
laureate bust facing to the right.
Reverse: Roma, seated, to the left, holding Nike with her right hand and a Parazonium with her left.
Pω-MH across the fields. LE (Year 5, 58 - 59 A.D.) in the right field. .
Weight: 10.90 g
Mint: Alexandria, struck in Year 5 (LE), 58-59 A.D.
Reference: Milne 177

I really like these tetradrachm's they really have some meat behind them.


The second is Phillip I
Other-Three-New-Coins
AE28
Obverse: IMP M IVL PHILIPPVS AVG,
laureate, draped and cuirassed bust facing to the right.
Reverse: P M S C-OL VIM, personification of Moesia, standing, facing left,
between a bull to her left and a lion to her right. ANVI in exergue.
Weight: 19.66 g Diameter: 28.5 x 28 x 3.2 mm
Mint: Viminacium
Reference: Moushmov 36, VI

And finally a Constantine II that we all know to well but I really liked the patina and the price wasn't too bad.
Other-Three-New-Coins

I won't bother with the attribution details because we all know this type!

That's all for me for now but knowing me I will probably buy something again this weekend.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins. I really like the double struck reverse on the Nero coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 863Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to rattle this change. Forums