Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Guess The Emperor, Caesar, Or Empress

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,966 / Views: 91,144Next Topic
Page: of 198
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2013  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I know is I am feeling this Byzantine History!
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2013  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope. OK here is the give away. He ruled during the first Crusades.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
alexius i
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ooops I knew that...I believe Chris is correct!
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alexius I is correct. Sear #1919. The obverse is barely visible so I'll just show the reverse.



Guess-The-Emperor,-Caesar,-Or-Empress
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is another byzantine trachy, I'm only showing the figure on the left...on the right is a saint not a ruler.

Guess-The-Emperor,-Caesar,-Or-Empress

on a related note: how do you store your trachy coins ski (or anyone else)? I was going to buy some 4x4 flips but there pretty darn expensive...i was thinking of getting some cheapo pvc free baseball card sleeves or postcard sleves?
Edited by chrsmat71
07/18/2013 1:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put them in the PVC free double pocketed 2x2 flips like any other coin. I keep mine in a binder and I am careful not to slap the pages together when opening or flipping.
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Andronicus II ?
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Manuel I. I put mine in 2X2's and than into a binder.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no and no....ok, the problem is I can barely cram this one into a 2x2 flip (25mm diameter straight across...but cup with a nice curve to it) and it awkward ...I'm working on one now that is 30mm, it aint going to fit. I have old ones in a couple of 4x4 flips I had from sellers, they're is a box.

i still haven't figured out my coins storage in general...i have some ancients in an album, some in boxes....i don't know which I like better. all my non-ancients are in albums (small collection), oh well.
Edited by chrsmat71
07/18/2013 4:23 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isaac II, The ones with the more pronounced cup I put in manila coin envelopes.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no.....

here's a hint: he emperor when constantinople fell....the first time.
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alexius III
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yup! its the on I just posted a few day ago, see here...

https://goccf.com/t/153852

all you ski!
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2013  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, this one might be difficult. So here is a clue. It is 5th century. VK might get this one.



Guess-The-Emperor,-Caesar,-Or-Empress
  Previous TopicReplies: 2,966 / Views: 91,144Next Topic
Page: of 198

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums