Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Skyshark124's Log Of Detector Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,179Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2013  12:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I decided to just create one thread of MD finds and update it as I get good finds. After making this decision, I realized I needed to get out and do some hunting, so I made time today and hit a new park across town. The batteries in my metal detector were getting low, so it cut my trip short, but I found .17 cents and a small button that, oddly, was a miniature replica of a Buffalo nickel. It even came back as nickel on my detector. Anyway, to kick this thing off, please enjoy my first of (hopefully) many updates.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Edited by skyshark124
10/11/2013 01:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2013  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YoshiRules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Your finds are always interesting to look at.

I want to stick to my property before I get out elsewhere, and though I can be busy sometimes, I've found .24 already in my backyard, junk stuff (screws, scrap pieces of metal), and a SPOON (not silver )
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2013  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I managed to get out and do some digging before the sub-40 degree wind chills and rain drove me back home. I went to a new park and dug around a while, and came up with .18 cents, as well as two flattened coins. They used to be a 1986 quarter and an unknown date zinc cent, and look like they were run over by a train, but there are no tracks anywhere near where these were found. Interesting. Forecast calls for pleasant weather this weekend, so we will see what tomorrow yields.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2013  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a softball field a few miles from my house, hoping to find a gold mine along the base paths. I found .02 cents and a Reebok zipper pull looking thingy. Disappointed but not discouraged, I decided to go to a new park. Along the way, I spotted an old playground next door to an old school. I pulled over and checked it out, and found .46 cents. Good thing I stopped there too, since the park I was going to check was crammed full of people for some kid's birthday. I took it as a sign to go home, so on home I went. Here's what I found today.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to finish off the weekend, I finished off the playground I started at yesterday. Here's another .27 cents, yet ANOTHER Chuck-E-Cheese token, and a really heavy duty zipper pull.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2000's Avatar
United States
2563 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man, your killin' it!

I managed to do like 10min. of MD last night, found .11 cents. Not too bad considering I hadn't found a coin for 2 weeks...
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2013  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got out of the house for the first time in a week or so, and hit a new park a few miles away. The park is next to a car wash, so I thought I may get lucky with quarters. I found a few. I wasn't there TOO long, but while there, I found $1.26 in change, a Ford emblem, and the metal remains of a dog collar with rabies tag buried about six inches down at the base of a large tree (no dog found in there though). The rabies tag is dated 1953, which makes it second only to my 1952-D cent as the oldest known date item I have dug up so far.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Edited by skyshark124
10/29/2013 03:14 am
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2013  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had some time today and went back to the park where I found the old 1953 dog rabies tag. I turned up another 1.46 in change (including a 1953-D wheat - my third wheat ever dug)and found a house key. The day was cut short by errands so I am hoping to make it back there tomorrow.

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Edited by skyshark124
11/03/2013 01:26 am
Pillar of the Community
skyshark124's Avatar
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2013  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And for my latest update, I went to a local park where I had a little luck before (but got chased off by rain), so I figured I would return and see if I could find more treasures. I had to leave again before I was ready, but this time it was because the batteries in the MD died, however I was able to find .40 cents before heading out, including a very worn 1948 Wheat cent. That's the third Wheat cent I have dug up now! I'm getting a few more older coins! Maybe soon I will dig a silver coin!

Skyshark124's-Log-Of-Detector-Finds
Pillar of the Community
Jaymon74's Avatar
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds. I have yet to find a wheaty with my MD.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,179Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums