Hi I am a Canadian modern coin collector and my friend gave me these coins. just wondering if they are fakes or what they even are I have no idea. Any help is much appreciated thanks!!
Not sure what the first 'coin' is, it reminds me of Aztec or Inca designs, maybe I can see some Greek in the middle, I'm guessing its some kind of cast tourist copy
The second shows the Roman Emperor Maximian. The coin looks remarkably round though and is also not the colour I would expect. I suspect the nick at 12-O-clock is where a casting sprue or chain loop (so it could be worn on a necklace) has been removed. IMHO its not authentic or ancient and started life as a recent pendant or tourist 'keep-sake'.
appreciate the comments....yeah I was pretty sure the second one was not real....I think my buddy said he got them in Cameroon. The first one when hit has a really nice ring to it....wonder what its made of
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use