Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Another Near Miss On The 1880-P VAM-8

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,711Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
paleoguy45's Avatar
United States
2936 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  11:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I didn't want to hijack NLP Coins' thread so I started a new one on the hunt for the elusive VAM-8. A few days ago I was hunting (no firearm involved SD) and "ah-ha'd" the reverse on this 1880-P. Hoping the marginal photos were hiding the Easter Bunny's ears I bought the coin. It arrived today and is (like NLP Coins posting) a VAM-1. This appears to be a low end, problem free AU. Would like to see VAMWorld crank up the discussion on the VAM-1. If they need a good example for study, I'm all about that and will gladly send it to whomever wants it for study... PG

Another-Near-Miss-On-The-1880-P-VAM-8

Another-Near-Miss-On-The-1880-P-VAM-8

Another-Near-Miss-On-The-1880-P-VAM-8

Another-Near-Miss-On-The-1880-P-VAM-8

Another-Near-Miss-On-The-1880-P-VAM-8
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knowing zero about the generalities of this year, those die gouges on the wing are a listable feature on their own. VAMs have been created for less.
Pillar of the Community
nlp coins's Avatar
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nlp coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that is the second I've ever seen. Nice try. nlp
Rest in Peace
dave700x's Avatar
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2015  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Third time is the charm. Who's gonna get it.
Pillar of the Community
paleoguy45's Avatar
United States
2936 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin's in your court Dave!
Rest in Peace
dave700x's Avatar
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to find one in the wild. I just don't look at enough 1880-P's to get that lucky. Oh, and I agree with SsDd, this reverse should be a distinct non VAM1 listing paired with this obverse die. I really loathe VAM1's when they have interesting features.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,711Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums