Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1924 British One Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,501Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Hflirn's Avatar
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2015  06:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hflirn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I posted these 2 coins maybe a year ago trying to point out some differences. I didn't get a response. Maybe I am just being picky but the dies for the British One Penny were for the most part identical. If anything look at the O on the obverse and please explain to me the shape difference. This is a fun comparison piece. Thank you

1924-British-One-Penny

1924-British-One-Penny
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1351 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2015  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly it is a 1/2d.
There were no 1ds minted dated 1923 to 25
The image is a bit unclear to make meaning full comments.
Pillar of the Community
Hflirn's Avatar
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2015  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hflirn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the denomination discrepancy. I'll get closer pictures today. I think I remember hearing of an oblong O in 'Georgivs' for a variety. I could be wrong.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,501Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums