Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

How Did Coincommunity Originate?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 3,512Next Topic
Page: of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196130 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2016  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found CCF in the Summer of 2007. I cannot remember what specific search brought me here, but I added the site to my bookmarks. I was pretty burned out from forum posting, so I saw no reason to sign up at that time.

I continued to visit from time to time, reading the older threads and keeping up with some of the more current ones. I finally spoke up 20 December 2007.

Then a year and a half later Bobby found some photos of me cleaning Morgan dollars. He promised to keep them off the internet if I joined the staff.
Pillar of the Community
Hello There's Avatar
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2016  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then a year and a half later Bobby found some photos of me cleaning Morgan dollars. He promised to keep them off the internet if I joined the staff


What did the Morgan's ever do to you to deserve such a fait
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2016  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was pretty burned out from forum posting, so I saw no reason to sign up at that time.


With 34,000 posts I find that hard to believe and call Shenanigans

Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196130 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2016  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What did the Morgan's ever do to you to deserve such a fait
Not being Eisenhower dollars.


Quote:
With 34,000 posts I find that hard to believe and call Shenanigans
I posted a lot in the BBS and Usenet days, but it took a while for me to appreciate Web forums. I started posting after a long break and felt like I had a lot of catching up to do. This got me burned out rather quickly, so I shifted to lurker mode for a few more years.
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2016  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does Susan still post? I haven't seen one of her posts in a while...
Valued Member
Alex12780's Avatar
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2016  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex12780 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I joined a week ago. So far it is really good. There are lots of people and good help for questions.
Rest in Peace
bpoc1's Avatar
United States
4078 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2016  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does Susan still post?

Here last post was 01/05/2015.
Bedrock of the Community
paralyse's Avatar
United States
12057 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2016  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I first started lurking here after ebay started using Lithium and drove out most of us from Coins & Paper Money / Coins & Currency forum, and after they shut down our private forum devoted to counterfeit & forgery reporting. But then life intervened, and I didn't add a single piece to my collection for 6+ years, and forgot about CCF. After my Dad passed away in May last year I started adding to my collection more extensively & came across CCF because I wanted to learn how to grade accurately. This forum rocks & compared to the other ones out there it is no contest, CCF is flat out the best.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Hello There's Avatar
United States
1191 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2016  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mind me asking what was the private forum? Was it ran by the bay or by an individual as a hobby?
  Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 3,512Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums