Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Can We Post A Complete Commemorative Collection?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,034 / Views: 65,771Next Topic
Page: of 69
Pillar of the Community
Beefer518's Avatar
United States
887 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dunno, I like the badger on the Wisconsin, and the ship on the Delaware. Iowa, though... well.

And today's pickin's. I need to re-shoot this coin badly (not to mention get a better sample).


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Pillar of the Community
muddler's Avatar
United States
7333 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1924 Huguenot

Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Rest in Peace
moxking's Avatar
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do like the ship on the reverse, but the obverse portraits are not my favorites, at all.

This simply isn't my favorite type, and I doubt anyone would put this half at the top of their list.


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And today's pickin's. I need to re-shoot this coin badly (not to mention get a better sample).
I really like the toning.
Pillar of the Community
Beefer518's Avatar
United States
887 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck! Maybe I'll reshoot it today, and repost it.
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - Drop dead!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks jbuck! Maybe I'll reshoot it today, and repost it.
Pillar of the Community
Beefer518's Avatar
United States
887 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here ya go - Same coin, new pics.


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
Rest in Peace
moxking's Avatar
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well worth the wait. Nice one Beefer. Another great toner.
Moderator
Learn More...
nickelsearcher's Avatar
United States
15959 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here ya go - Same coin, new pics.


I'm enjoying the coin Beefer ... regardless of the photographs.

We both realize that your Huguenot is AU-something by the photos ... with lovely circulation cameo surfaces. It's a great start to your circulated type set.

Lovely coin moxking ... I was hoping that someone would share a high MS example ... the coin is obviously more attractive in as minted state.

Which brings me to my circulated example ... rather than my PCGS MS66/CAC coin ...

1924 Huguenot-Walloon Tercentenary Half Dollar - PCGS AG03

Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?

Enjoy
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Pillar of the Community
bandsdean's Avatar
United States
2125 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2nd or third early commem I've bought. I should have waited as today I would never have bought it with that tone spot on the "G" in the word "GOD". Love all the others posted today!


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Valued Member
Coronet1832's Avatar
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2018  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins everyone - really like the toning Beefer!
Pillar of the Community
Beefer518's Avatar
United States
887 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2018  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beefer518 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1918 Illinois/Lincoln was my first legitimate commemorative. I was hooked once I had it in hand.

Both are raw.


Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?

Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection? Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?

Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2018  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Worn Out to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Can-We-Post-A-Complete-Commemorative-Collection?
  Previous TopicReplies: 1,034 / Views: 65,771Next Topic
Page: of 69

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Forums