Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

GB 1887 Coin That I Can't ID

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,196Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I saw this mixed-lot listing on e-bay. Here are two of the coins. I am mystified by the coin on the left

GB-1887-Coin-That-I-Can't-ID
GB-1887-Coin-That-I-Can't-ID
Valued Member
Dennman's Avatar
Canada
496 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Google Lauer. He made many close coin copies of real coins.Your piece is early play money and a copy of the coin beside it. I recently acquired a very small Lauer coin with Queen Victoria on it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add otto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dennman. Not my piece. Just curious. I will google the name. Time for bed.
Pillar of the Community
PaddyB's Avatar
United Kingdom
945 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - Lauer toy money in bronze. Not uncommon and there are collectors, but I suspect in that condition, not for that one! :-)
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,196Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums