Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1932 Nickel - Double En In Cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,458Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
843 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  6:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers

1932-Nickel---Double-En-In-Cents
Pillar of the Community
mcshilling's Avatar
Canada
9894 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but to me it looks like it took a hit from something PMD
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2784 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find TerryT . that is nicely doubled coin. you also have a near S. terry you should always. take a full image of the reverse and obverse of your coin. there is a lot of very knowledgeable. members here on this forum. they will help you with any thing you might not notice at first on your coin. I know myself. I am wondering do you possibly have a far 2 as well on this coin.
Pillar of the Community
papeldog's Avatar
Canada
1928 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its doubled nice one TerryT
Pillar of the Community
CJ18850's Avatar
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2018  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CJ18850 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Further "S" I agree. However, I believe it took a hit as well. Not seeing any other devices affected or a shelf like appearance... nor any enlargement of devices, ruling out hub doubling.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
843 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had this coin for about 50 years and kept it because of the error. It's a VG Near 2. The "doubling " was noted using an old magnifying glass. I recent took out errors to post here, took a quick photo and posted it without much thought, just to show an error to look for. While reading the responses here, I figured I better take better photos to prove it WAS doubled. Should be easy with digital technology. I fooled around with the contrast, brightness, etc. and......I have to admit that it looks like Mcshilling was correct.
There appears to be a cut mark across the bottom of the letters, from right to left. The bottom of the letters are not flat but appear to have a groove through them. I tossed it into the "get rid of" pile. I'm going to have a better look at any future "errors" I post !


1932-Nickel---Double-En-In-Cents
1932-Nickel---Double-En-In-Cents
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums