Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1983 P Memorial Cent With Misaligned Die And More That I Can't Fit On Title

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 768Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  1:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I found this in a circulated bankroll, from a bank box of U.S. Pennies. This coin has multiple things going on all at once. It has a Misaligned Die, a "Spiked Head" Die Crack, A Broken Die Post in the 8 of the date (Die Chip), and Peripheral Die Damage (Die Attrition). This is a keeper to me, and will be added into my collection. I love multiple error coins.
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
Errers and Varietys.
Edited by Errers and Varietys
09/16/2018 4:09 pm
Rest in Peace
Crazyb0's Avatar
10197 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example David. It is a MAD but it is also a Tilted Die strike on this one. Here are the indicators for that:


1983-P-Memorial-Cent-With-Misaligned-Die-And-More-That-I-Can't-Fit-On-Title
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Crazyb0! I thought it was a Tilted Die Strike as well. It's a very cool error coin, probably the best one I've ever pulled from the box. I will also save that image that you created for educational purposes.
Errers and Varietys.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 768Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums