Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1975 P LMC Splits In The Y In Liberty. May Be A Minor DDO?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 904Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  1:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I found this 1975 P LMC in a mixed bag of cents and you can see the splits in the outstretched arms on the Y in LIBERTY. There are no other splits on any of the devises so thinking it is a minor DDO? Its a shame the T took a little ding because I can almost make out a little separation in the upper right corner of the right side of the horizontal bar. I think it is a minor DDO but I would like some input.
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
Edited by Jim0815
05/26/2019 1:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
GrapeCollects's Avatar
United States
8946 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitaly a minor DDO
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Grapes, that is my opinion as well. The only one that it looks similar to is the DDO-001 but it doesn't have its strength nor are there any matching Die markers.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a minor DDO to me.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Tanman2001's Avatar
United States
4424 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be, definitely hard to tell with this photo. I believe I found a new die stage of 1975 DDO-001 recently and the slight notch and separation line on the Y is the only thing visible on a circulated coin, reminds me of your coin a bit.
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There he is! Thanks Tanman, I value you opinion my friend!
Pillar of the Community
Tanman2001's Avatar
United States
4424 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the possible DDO-001 I found:

1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?
1975-P-LMC-Splits-In-The-Y-In-Liberty.-May-Be-A-Minor-DDO?

No matching markers but doubling is very similar. Similar to yours in the notching on the Y but yours lacks the separation line on the right side.

I don't think we have the same DDO, just showing that these 1975 DDOs aren't too visible on worn coins or LDS coins.

Yours may be a DDO but I would like to see better pics or see it in=person.
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have a different stage of the 001. I think Wiles has only attributed the stage B.
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is too David.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 904Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Forums