| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,208 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
We also need to be careful when asking date questions. Need to say inclusive.
15. Is this coin dated between 1850 and 1876?...No 16. Is this coin dated between 1876 and 1890?...No
Questions like this only eliminate dates between. Is 1850, 1876 and 1890 still in play.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
Ok, so my guess is the 50 Kopecks 50 Years of Soviet Rule from 1967 Soviet Coin Diameter - 25mm Weight - 6.45 grams Composition - Copper-nickel Invaded by Germany - check Issued after 1849 - check Copper or Bronze - nope Precious metal - nope Diameter greater then 20 but less then 27 - check weigh more then 5 but less than 20 - check Dated between 1850-2022 excluding 1850,1876,1895,1896,1900 - nope since no date Still issuing - nope Somewhat controversial if it should count as part of a set from a new country - check, Russia = USSR? Current population over 10 million unanswerable - does not exist in any form so cant answer On numista - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6034.html
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5296 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Quote:Ok, so my guess is the 50 Kopecks 50 Years of Soviet Rule from 1967 Soviet Coin Diameter - 25mm Weight - 6.45 grams Composition - Copper-nickel Invaded by Germany - check Issued after 1849 - check Copper or Bronze - nope Precious metal - nope Diameter greater then 20 but less then 27 - check weigh more then 5 but less than 20 - check Dated between 1850-2022 excluding 1850,1876,1895,1896,1900 - nope since no date Still issuing - nope Somewhat controversial if it should count as part of a set from a new country - check, Russia = USSR? Current population over 10 million unanswerable - does not exist in any form so cant answer On numista - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6034.html You're going to fit right in here 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
NumisEd, I saw that coin too, but did not choose that one due to one miniscule little detail  If that answer was flipped, then I would have...
Edited by mrwhatisit 07/27/2022 1:50 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9815 Posts |
Good guess Drpeper. I think question 4 about date on the coin might have thrown us off.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
Thanks for the welcome, I basically asked myself, after looking at literally all the coins that fit what I thought originally were the criteria, how would I answer those questions if I was trying to bamboozle people. Even if it doesn't end up being the coin, I found the 20 Kopecks 50 Years of Soviet Rule coin, with the Cruiser Aurora on it, that I am now going to look to add to my collection.
Edited by DrPeper23 07/27/2022 5:49 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
On the dating, trig, I was trying to be inclusive of 1850, 1876, and 1890... Guess I need either the word you suggested, inclusive, or run the question like a year before and after like 1849 to 1877... So according to that, these three years are still in play, technically speaking  And we know the coin is not after 1900 as we found out... I am sure that we will get a good laugh out of if I either guess right, or Oz shows us... Not knowing the country can perhaps be detrimental to us resolving proper guessing  I also think my question on is the current population of the country of issue greater than 10 million having NO answer now to my mind threw us a bit, perhaps meaning the country does not exist anymore. And yes, Germany did invade the Balkans where Serbia now is, to Yugoslavia, now a bunch of other countries...
Edited by mrwhatisit 07/27/2022 7:27 pm
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote:Ok, so my guess is the 50 Kopecks 50 Years of Soviet Rule from 1967 Soviet Coin Diameter - 25mm Weight - 6.45 grams Composition - Copper-nickel Invaded by Germany - check Issued after 1849 - check Copper or Bronze - nope Precious metal - nope Diameter greater then 20 but less then 27 - check weigh more then 5 but less than 20 - check Dated between 1850-2022 excluding 1850,1876,1895,1896,1900 - nope since no date Still issuing - nope Somewhat controversial if it should count as part of a set from a new country - check, Russia = USSR? Current population over 10 million unanswerable - does not exist in any form so cant answer On numista - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6034.html Brilliant  Not only did I give up on the rest of the "experienced" players ever getting it, but I thought I would have to explain it all to them as well.   
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
And in my book, between 1 and 10 includes 1 and 10. No need to be that pedantic. 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Not dated, but still a good year hey Keith. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
Ok, that is a shock  I have that very coin in my collection  ... One of us asked if this coin was dated after 1900, you said no, so this coin is certainly after that... We deduced copper nickel, but not explicitly told that it was...
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
DrPeper23, maybe you didn't know but since you guessed the coin you are in charge for the next round.
Only rule is you have to own the coin and post a picture of it at the end of the round.
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
The coin doesn't have a date on it, hence the loop hole. But looks like I have to choose a coin now. hmmmm
|
|
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts |
ok, I have the coin. Ask away
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,208 |