| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,634 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3008 Posts |
I guess a Katanga 1961 5 francs KM#-2 
Edited by mrwhatisit 03/18/2023 12:26 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5302 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
How'd you find those keith? Katanga didn't show up in my search. Great work though buddy.  . Oz would have something like that up her sleeve too.  
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
Quote: How'd you find those keith? Seams, I do my best work after I'm eliminated.  Quote: Katanga didn't show up in my search
We were looking in the wrong place. And not sure where trig was going with the 1940s
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
Quote: We were looking in the wrong place. Splain pleeze.  Quote: And not sure where trig was going with the 1940s I wondered for a second too, then thought it probably had something to do with a multi year issue. Gotta use "this" and "your" coin carefully there.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
Quote: Splain pleeze. We were not looking at the Democratic Republic of the Congo, because it's not landlocked. But the State of Katanga was. And who knows, I could be wrong again. 
Edited by Keith67 03/18/2023 5:18 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
Ok, still, why didn't it show up in the search? Perhaps Oz can answer that.
I think you called it though. Good stuff.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
Edited by loonielewy 03/18/2023 5:42 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
I missed it, it was in my search, you had to point it out though. Sneaky Oz.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
NumisEd is the winner    Quote: Let's see what we can learn about Africa Issued in the breakaway state of Katanga after it was in the Belgian Congo but before it became part of Democratic Republic of the Congo. Capital city Elisabethville (11 degrees S). The only coins ever issued were 1, 5 francs bronze coins and an NCLT gold coin all dated 1961. And yes loonie they showed up in the Numista search results but you didn't see them because you didn't know what you were looking for. Unless you have one of these coins you've probably never even heard of Katanga.  P.S. Thankyou Keith for saving me from being GM 3 times in a row. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9843 Posts |
Quote: And not sure where trig was going with the 1940s I quite simply stuffed up. I was looking at what we thought was the last coin left and I was trying to eliminate a few years, forgetting that we already knew it was 1950 or later.  I have heard of Katanga and every time I see one of those coins I think I must get one, but quite honestly, I have never investigated it to even know where it was. Now I do. Thanks Oz, and great round. Well done to Keith for getting us on track an to NimisEd.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9843 Posts |
I just bit the bullet and bought a 1F & 5F from sellers in Aus.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5302 Posts |
Quote:NumisEd is the winner   Ok, I have a coin! This round shouldn't be as difficult as the last one.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9843 Posts |
Is the diameter of your con less than 20mm?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
Was this coin issued before, George Foreman defeats Joe Frazier to win the heavyweight world boxing championship?
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,634 |