| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,529 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
You missed too Ed.
Any objections to start the next round when I post the pics later? All the regular guessers have had a shot.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
Quote: Any objections to start the next round when I post the pics later? All the regular guessers have had a shot. Fine by me.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
I knew you'd be in.  . Don't think the others will mind, so I will.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
This is a real stumper of a coin. It jut got crazier and crazier as I researched it. I wanted to play a coin trig sent me, and I wanted payback for Oz beating us with that Canadian large cent.  . It started out from the last round Ed ran. There was only two coins left when I guessed. One from New Zealand, which was the coin, then the other was this coin from Australia. I saw it in the search and knew I had 1. Pulled it out and the obverse was different than the 2020 one. That's when I saw the 2019 had 2 obverses. (Oz guessed the wrong one). I was wondering if it would fly, seeing as it was forefront last round. Then I saw the 2018 also had a different obverse than the 2 2019s. So I knew getting the year was going to be critical. Then the 2019 4th portrait had 3 varieties having to do with the engravers initials. I had to run with it. Knew it had a shot at a win, hence why I kept "quiet" at the start. We haven't had a shotgun spread of guesses in ages. So many countries still in play and a few years to boot.  It was fun playing in trig and Oz's sandbox this time. Winning was a bonus and payback to Oz.  trig, thanks for the coin,  shame it beat you, but it beat everyone!  . Great fun on my end. Thanks folks.  Here it is. Australian 2019 $2 4th portrait.   Here we go with the next round.....try and get it....please. 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9843 Posts |
Well done Loonie, great round. That coin looks very familiar. :)
Was your next coin issued in Canada?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
It's all your fault trig, me being GM again.  . 1. Was your next coin issued in Canada? No. Ta-da.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Of course it was one of the coins trig gave you... I don't know what the others were thinking (or maybe I do)  Is the denomination of this thing greater than 0.1 units of currency?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
Quote: I don't know what the others were thinking I hear ya. You had me, but I had you too. Seems fair.  . 2. Is the denomination of this thing greater than 0.1 units of currency? Yes. Oz, take a look at the varieties for that last coin and let us know how you interpret the lingo. Is it only 2001, or, 2001 forward.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Is it only 2001 Yep. Same variety is on the 2001 10 cent coin.. was this thing issued in the first quarter of any century?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
Quote: Yep. Same variety is on the 2001 10 cent coin.. Seems it was on all 2001 coins. I took it as 2001 to 2019. Then realized it may not be. Clear now.  3. Was this thing issued in the first quarter of any century? Yes. That's a new one, and a good one.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Was this thing issued before 2014?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
4. Was this thing issued before 2014? No.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Was this thing issued in the 2020s?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3008 Posts |
Well, that was interesting indeed last round...  Is this a circulation coin?
Edited by mrwhatisit 03/22/2023 9:06 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5302 Posts |
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,529 |