| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,444 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
1. Was this thing issued in the second millennium?...Yes 2. Does this thing have a date on it?... Yes 3. Is this thing listed on Numista as precious?... Yes 4. Does this thing have a denomination that is less than 1 unit of currency?... No 5. Does Numista list this thing as NCLT?... No 6. According to Numista, is this a standard circulation coin?...Yes 7. Is the diameter of this coin less than 30mm?... No 8. Was this coin issued in an even century?... No 9. Is the diameter of this coin less than 40mm?... Yes 10. Was this coin issued in Germany or Austria?...No 11. Was this coin issued in the 17th century?...No 12. According to Numista, is the weight of this coin less than 20g?...No 13. Does this coin weigh more than 27 grams?...Yes 14. Is the diameter of this coin less than 38 mm?...No 15. Was this coin around in the year that vice President Millard Fillmore became the 13th President of the United States?...No 16. Was this coin issued in Asia? No 17. According to Numista, is the precious metal content 90% or greater? Yes
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I wish I had me one of those 1894 German New Guinea 5 mark coins.  Just had a look on ebay. Cheapest one is VG/aVG for $1,300 plus postage. 
Edited by OzLeigh 03/25/2023 03:32 am
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
What about that PNG coin...
and South Africa and Tanzania
Gotta be USA doesn't it...
Edited by OzLeigh 03/25/2023 03:53 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9842 Posts |
Just deleted my list. I think I missed a few. PNG is in Asia.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: PNG is in Asia Nope, it's in Oceania.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6883 Posts |
Quote: PNG is in Asia. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9842 Posts |
Now I come up with this list. South Africa is not in play on search and Tanzania does have a fineness listed. OK, PNG is in Oceania. Some places I looked said it was in South East Asia.
El Salvador Mexico Morocco Papua New Guinea Peru Puerto Rico U.K. U.S.A.
Edited by triggersmob 03/25/2023 04:14 am
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
This thing is 95% USA, 5% Mexico We need to decide which of the 50 varieties of Trade dollars Keith has imprisoned in a slab...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9842 Posts |
Maybe a couple of date questions will bring down the options.
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: Catching up now Surely loonie would have caught up by now 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9842 Posts |
Quote: You need to play this quiz triggersmob... No, that would hurt my little brain. Don't know why I thought Timor was further east. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
I had a feeling for the Trade dollars too. I had company show up last night, couldn't get back, but it's a US coin by my bet.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
I've used up my questions for this round. It's up to loonie to bring us home. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1803 Posts |
We still got this. I'm at twenty some odd coins from the US. Not a proof. 1873-1878.
Was this coin issued before 1876?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,802,444 |