| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,440 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Was this part of the coin minted in Winnipeg?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
19. Was this part of the coin minted in Winnipeg? It was struck there. Yes. 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
Was this part of this coin issued in Canada?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
20. Was this part of this coin issued in Canada? Yes. That one is a lock.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
C'mon Oz....you got this....trig went to work without chiming in and keith is done for today.  (extra salt please) 
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
I missed a tat bit, but I can ponder a guess: I guess a ND (post 1995 minted) 2 dollars brass center measuring 17.5mm minted in Winnipeg which would be issued in Canada, and PMD at that...  So it appears that your "thing" is not bimetallic but came from a coin that was...
Edited by mrwhatisit 06/15/2023 10:38 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Not my coin on both guesses.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6871 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3006 Posts |
So considering all the clues put together, are Keith and I close or not even? I took it to be the center of the 2 dollar coin since it matched all the clues from what I could see.  Center of a bimetallic coin less than 18mm could only be the QE2 on one side and polar bear other side according to Numista unless there are other designs like the one Keith showed which I am generally unaware of  I must be missing a few things, loonie, show us where we went awry 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
I'll set you straight after we get a few more guesses.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
Quote: trig went to work without chiming in I was busy looking through the options, but didn't find anything to guess. I need to go have another look.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 Canada
1801 Posts |
Not my coin trig. Now we need Oz to show up.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In memory of those members who left us too soon... In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 - April 15, 2020 In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP. In memory of T-BOP Oct. 12, 1949 - Jan. 19, 2024
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9818 Posts |
I was thinking, what do you need salt for? To put on ice of course.
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,797,440 |