Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Help Grade Another 1884 Large Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,368Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
gidjit's Avatar
Canada
1993 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  12:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
went to the coin store today and had a look through his large cents and found this one so I asked how much, he replied I go by trends so he gets the trends looks it up then he turns around and grabs a book and opens it to the obverse section turns to obv1 then takes my penny and looks under the loope, now I'm thinking hes gonna say this is an obv 1 its $xxx.xx although it wasnt marked as such on the 2x2 but to my surpise he says $5 so I bought it along with an 1881 bead clash.
i dont know if I would have been happy is he did mark it up as an obv1 as I dont want to spend my time searching for cherry picks just for him to notice theyre all varieies when I cash out.your thoughts?
but anyway it was a good day and I dont think he knows much about varieties because when I talked about some he had no idea so I will be back!
Help-Grade-Another-1884-Large-Cent
Help-Grade-Another-1884-Large-Cent
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5647 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, an Obv 1 in VG-10 or so condition. What store are you going to .. Hamilton or T.O.?
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-10 sounds right.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,368Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums