When I began examining pennies in an effort to find rare or uncommon error coins or varieties, I stumbled across this rarity in what I would estimate is AU condition on the sidewalk in front of my local gas station. Actually it was either on the first or second day I began attempting to collect error pennies just by weird good luck. I only thought it had a big Cud on the back at first but several months later with more research I come to find that it was a rare type 2 counterclash error penny. I have not had it graded or anything at this point but my question here is, is there a way for me to find out how many of these types of error penny have been released into circulation or at least how many have been believed to have been found or located? I assume there's no way to know exactly how many there are as unless somebody finds one and makes it known or has it graded, then there isn't a way to verify exactly how many there are. At least that's my understanding. Is there any resources for me to find out if there is a known estimate of how many of these coin errors were minted or at least how many have been known to be located at this time? I assume that it's probably going to be a low number of how many people have had them graded that I will be able to find but I'm hoping someone here has more information on if there is any way to find this out. Thank you guys again for all your help. I owe all my knowledge thus far on the help of this community's members more than any other resource out there and I greatly appreciate all the help. You guys are the best! Thank you.
Greetings, and as my father always said "keep your eye`s on the ground, for you never know when your lucky penny is there" With that said we will need a full photo of the Obverse and Reverse of the coin in question to evaluate. Die clashes are not a very rare event that happens in mint process. Value? Depend of the demand of such collectors. Here is a couple of resources you need to spend time with. https://www.maddieclashes.com/type-...ter-clashes/ https://www.error-ref.com/?s=clash+die
Congrats on a great variety. You must be Irish with luck like that.
I don't know if there is any way to determine how many were minted AND released. The best you could hope for is to confirm how many have been attributed and put in slabs.
I'm curious why the strong interest in determining how many were released.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use