Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1917 Tunisia 10 Centimes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,064Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Metalman's Avatar
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  6:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have a fun one !

Does anyone have any info on this coin? metal composition, weight?

here is one side I will post the other side in a while after a few responses.

1917-Tunisia-10-Centimes


Ok well, according to my reference this coin is supposed to be bronze, but take a look. By the way, my scale says 10.1 grams

1917-Tunisia-10-Centimes
Pillar of the Community
svslav's Avatar
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Supposed to be bronze (I have no info on the weight). I feel like some kind of surprise is coming up. I don't see anything about errors/mules/patterns in Krause, so I'll just wait.
Pillar of the Community
Metalman's Avatar
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check the second picture I added to my post.
Pillar of the Community
svslav's Avatar
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did somebody try to "silverize" it? Pass it for 2 francs?
Pillar of the Community
Metalman's Avatar
United States
7123 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Metalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose its possible that someone tried to plate the coin, I was hoping to get a weight, my Kraus does not list a weight for the 10 Centimes.

Pillar of the Community
maudry's Avatar
Luxembourg
588 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maudry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The weight should be the same than for the French 10 centimes coins of that period: exactly 10 grams. So you are pretty close to that.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 2,064Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums