The archive cutoff used to be three to six mionths, depending on the business of the subforum in question, but archiving was primarily done to speed up the forum on the old server. Ever since Bobby
moved the forum to a fast new server, he hasn't needed to, so I don't think it's been happening. None of the archives I looked at have threads newer than October 2009.
But I think a forum archive is like the Taklamakan Desert: threads can go in, but they never come out again. I'm not sure if even the Admins can de-archive something. If you wish to continue a discussion begun in an archived thread, your best bet is to start a new thread, and in your OP post a link to the old archived thread.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis