Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Philip II Tetradrachm

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,680Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
maridvnvm's Avatar
United Kingdom
2121 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2011  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add maridvnvm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have a list of coin types that are on my "One day I will own one of those" list. This type has been on there for a long time. I have had very little coin budget over the last few months but have been putting it aside for something nice. I found that I could afford this one and I decided that I had to have it.

Philip II, Ar Tetradrachm
Obv:-- Laureate head of Zeus right
Rev:-- FILIPPOU, naked youth on horse pacing right on horseback holding palm, stalk of grain under belly, P below foreleg
Minted in Amphipolis mint.
Reference:-- SNG ANS 667 - 680
Test cut on reverse, which is what brought into my price range.
14.114g, 24.3mm, 0o

Philip-II-Tetradrachm

I hope that you enjoy it too.
Regards,
Martin
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2011  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin even with the test cut, would love to have one of these in my collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,680Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums