Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Todays Nickel Roll Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 134 / Views: 17,460Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2011  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another update! After $100 more worth of nickels (330 total rolls) My finds are as follows....

1938........1
1939.......12 (+2)
1940.......13 (+2)
1940 D.....1
1940 S.....2
1941.......13 (+4)
1941 D.....2
1941 S.....1
1942........3
1942 D.....1
1943 P.....3
1944 P.....1
1946.......12 (+1)
1946 D.....3
1947........9 (+2)
1947 D.....2 (+1)
1948........4
1948 D.....1
1948 S.....2
1949........6 (+3)
1949 D.....1
1950........1
1951........4 (+1)
1951 D.....1
1951 S.....1
1952........3
1952 D.....2
1953........6
1953 D.....8 (+2)
1953 S.....2
1954........3 (+2)
1954 D....16 (+1)
1954 S.....1
1955........1 (+1)
1955 D....15 (+2)
1956........8 (+1)
1956 D.....9 (+2)
1957........5
1957 D....11
1958........4
1958 D....17 (+1)
1959 D....17 (+4)
2009 D.....3
2009 P.....2 (+1)

Proof: 2000 S
Oddballs: 1998 Canadian nickel, 1988 British Twenty Pence

Total: 234
Average: 35.45/box
Edited by ancientcoinguy
07/31/2011 3:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
smokeriderdon's Avatar
United States
3755 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2011  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, so normally I dont get boxes of nickels. I grab 20 bucks worth here and there type of thing. I have way too many Kennedys, quarters and dimes laying around waiting for further sorting to start adding nickels to the mix. We wont even talk about the bag and a dozen or so rolls of pennies I need to get through.

Anyway, a few days ago, while doing our normal bank tour, I figured what the heck. Ill get a whole box. Why not? So we stop at a Sun Trust and get some dimes and nickels. They had no halves. She brings out the boxes...Brinks. Argh. With a cheery thank you and false smiles, we took the boxes and came home. The dimes were a complete bust. I have been slowly going through the nickels. I didnt expect any silver, but I figured I may find some nice semi keys or the like. These are the 6 best I found...

Todays-Nickel-Roll-Finds

Yes boys and girls, that IS a wild Buffalo. I know many of you have found these before. But considering in all the years I have collected I have NEVER found one in circulation, and that this was my forst box of nickels, I was psyched! I turned to my wife and tried to tell her what I found but I was so excited I couldnt get the word Buffalo out. LOL I am easily excited. ;)

The 98 lower left is a proof. The 68D bottom middle is a cruddy strike, BUT it seems to be right out of a mint set. And it being a lower mintage for post 64s, finding two of them and a 68S was pretty cool I think.
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2011  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow excellent find on that Buffalo! I have yet to find one in my searches. I can only hope that the day I do find one is not too far off. I do have one question...should I hold onto coins that are proofs? I know they are marked with an S, but what date do they start in nickels?
Pillar of the Community
smokeriderdon's Avatar
United States
3755 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2011  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proofs got moved to the San Fran mint in 68. However, I dont know if they minted busness strikes there that year or not. And yeah, I keep all proofs I find in circulation. If for no other reason than to rescue them from further damage.
Pillar of the Community
lincolncentguy's Avatar
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2011  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the buffalo!
Pillar of the Community
lincolncentguy's Avatar
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2011  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed the title of this thread..."Todays "nickle" roll finds" Dont you hate it when you cnat psell?!
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2011  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another update! After $100 more worth of nickels (380 total rolls) My finds are as follows....

1938........1
1939.......13 (+1)
1940.......14 (+1)
1940 D.....2 (+1)
1940 S.....2
1941.......13
1941 D.....2
1941 S.....1
1942........3
1942 D.....3 (+2)
1942 P.....1 (+1)
1943 P.....3
1944 P.....1
1946.......17 (+5)
1946 D.....3
1947........9
1947 D.....2
1948........5 (+1)
1948 D.....2 (+1)
1948 S.....2
1949........6
1949 D.....1
1950........1
1951........5 (+1)
1951 D.....1
1951 S.....1
1952........5 (+2)
1952 D.....2
1953........6
1953 D.....9 (+1)
1953 S.....2
1954........3
1954 D....18 (+2)
1954 S.....2 (+1)
1955........1
1955 D....15
1956........8
1956 D....10 (+1)
1957........7 (+2)
1957 D....15 (+4)
1958........4
1958 D....20 (+3)
1959........1 (+1)
1959 D....18 (+1)
2009 D.....3
2009 P.....2

Oddballs: 1993 Canadian Nickel, 1998 Bahamas Nickel

Total: 266
Average: 35/box
Pillar of the Community
smokeriderdon's Avatar
United States
3755 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another box and the best ting was an 09P. So I was happy with that. Some nice semi keys as well. Next box later this week.
Pillar of the Community
United States
836 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone know of a good site dedicated to nickels. A site similar to this penny site. http://www.lincolncentresource.com/index.html

Thanks for the help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
836 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2011  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished box #8. I only found one hole filler a 1941s. I am working on a set from circulation. I still need
1938s
1939d and 1939s
1942d
1942p silver and 1942s silver
1943d and 1943s silver
1944d and 1944s silver
1945d silver
1946d
1948s
1949s
1950d
1951s
1952 (surprised I have not found one)
1952s
1953s
1955
1957

I know some like the 1950d and 1939d are going to be hard to find.

I also found this today searching which helps for the lack of hole fillers.

Todays-Nickel-Roll-Finds It is a 1999d, I believe, that is struck through a capped die.
Edited by brenpickle
08/12/2011 2:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
harrison2's Avatar
Mexico
1304 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2011  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harrison2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice capped die! I'd take that any day.
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2011  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's time for another update! Not as many in this box as others, but look closely and you will notice three cool finds! So, after $100 more worth of nickels (430 total rolls) My finds are as follows....

1919........1 (+1) My first Buffalo!
1938........2 (+1)
1939.......14 (+1)
1940.......14
1940 D.....2
1940 S.....2
1941.......15 (+2)
1941 D.....2
1941 S.....1
1942........3
1942 D.....3
1942 P.....1
1943 P.....3
1944 P.....2 (+1)
1945 P.....1 (+1)
1946.......19 (+2)
1946 D.....3
1947.......10 (+1)
1947 D.....2
1948........5
1948 D.....2
1948 S.....2
1949........8 (+2)
1949 D.....1
1950........1
1951........6 (+1)
1951 D.....1
1951 S.....1
1952........5
1952 D.....2
1953........6
1953 D.....9
1953 S.....3 (+1)
1954........4 (+1)
1954 D....18
1954 S.....2
1955........1
1955 D....15
1956........10 (+2)
1956 D....11 (+1)
1957........8 (+1)
1957 D....15
1958........4
1958 D....22 (+2)
1959........1
1959 D....20 (+2)
2009 D.....3
2009 P.....2

Oddballs: 1988 Canadian Nickel

Total: 289
Average: 33.6/box
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2011  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's time for another update! Even fewer in this box than the last, but I found another Buffalo! So, after $100 more worth of nickels (480 total rolls) My finds are as follows....

Buffalo
1919........1
19__........1 (+1)

Jefferson
1938........3 (+1)
1939.......15 (+1)
1940.......16 (+2)
1940 D.....2
1940 S.....2
1941.......18 (+3)
1941 D.....2
1941 S.....1
1942........3
1942 D.....3
1942 P.....1
1943 P.....3
1944 P.....2
1945 P.....1
1946.......19
1946 D.....3
1947.......11 (+1)
1947 D.....2
1948........5
1948 D.....2
1948 S.....3 (+1)
1949........8
1949 D.....1
1950........1
1951........7 (+1)
1951 D.....1
1951 S.....2 (+1)
1952........5
1952 D.....2
1952 S.....2 (+2)
1953........6
1953 D.....9
1953 S.....3
1954........4
1954 D....18
1954 S.....2
1955........1
1955 D....16 (+1)
1956........12 (+2)
1956 D....11
1957........8
1957 D....17 (+2)
1958........4
1958 D....23 (+1)
1959........1
1959 D....20
2009 D.....3
2009 P.....2

Oddballs: 1992 Canadian Nickel

Total: 309
Average: 32.19/box
Edited by ancientcoinguy
08/23/2011 3:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's time for another update! This box proved to not only be fruitful, but shocking as well! A Liberty head nickel popped out of the 12th roll in! WOWZERS! So, after $100 more worth of nickels (530 total rolls) My finds are as follows....

Liberty
1889........1 (+1)

Buffalo
1919........1
19__........1

Jefferson
1938........3
1939.......20 (+5)
1940.......17 (+1)
1940 D.....2
1940 S.....2
1941.......18
1941 D.....2
1941 S.....1
1942........4 (+1)
1942 D.....3
1942 P.....1
1943 P.....4 (+1)
1944 P.....2
1945 P.....1
1946.......21 (+2)
1946 D.....4 (+1)
1947.......12 (+1)
1947 D.....2
1948........6 (+1)
1948 D.....2
1948 S.....3
1949........8
1949 D.....2 (+1)
1950........2 (+1)
1951........7
1951 D.....1
1951 S.....3 (+1)
1952........6 (+1)
1952 D.....2
1952 S.....2
1953........7 (+1)
1953 D....10 (+1)
1953 S.....3
1954........6 (+2)
1954 D....19 (+1)
1954 S.....2
1955........1
1955 D....17 (+1)
1956........13 (+1)
1956 D....13 (+2)
1957........12 (+4)
1957 D....18 (+1)
1958........5 (+1)
1958 D....24 (+1)
1959........1
1959 D....21 (+1)
2009 D.....3
2009 P.....2

Oddballs: 1996 Canadian, 1987 Canadian nickels

Total: 345
Average: 32.55/box
Edited by ancientcoinguy
08/28/2011 12:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
wrestling_135's Avatar
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2011  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have YET to find a buffalo :(
  Previous TopicReplies: 134 / Views: 17,460Next Topic
Page: of 9

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Forums