From 2004-2010 I enjoyed picking up these sets with the colored quarter. Last year's was a bit disappointing not being in color but the snowflake actually is nice. This year's however looks horrendous IMO, I guess kids are supposed to like it? And why is it being released (I assume shortly) wouldn't November/December make more sense?
Canada mint seems to make some really nice items, I bought a $20 silver steam car coin a few years back with a holohgram on it and I was really impressed with the packaging (it came in a box and inside that was a metal ovoid case with the coin inside)
I noticed that Canada was producing some of the coins with colour on them, and I noted how attractive many of them are but was shy to get any because I am not sure I like the idea of coloured coins much. Out of interest how do they do it? (I was pressuming it is enameled)
@DavidUK: I don't know if all coloured RCM coins are enameled... Actually I would venture to guess that they are not, since the RCM would emphasis and advertise the enameled ones and some of the less intricate coloured coins do not look the same as the confirmed enameled ones.
I too was buying the coloured sets to give to the kids each year. They even asked for them, and were let down to not get a 'traditional Christmas' themed (Santa, stocking, reindeer etc etc) coin this time round just a plain snowflake. 2012 to me actually looks horrendous by itself - I suppose the card it comes with explains that it's actually Christmas related.
Yeah Tim, I'm not sure what's going on with some of the RCM coins this year. My daughter is at the age where she'll be losing her first tooth soon, probably this year. I liked the 2011 tooth fairy 25C but I wanted it to have the actual year of her tooth loss. Well, the 2012 tooth fairy 25C was announced and I cringed. I ended up getting the 2011 from the aftermarket because the mint was no longer selling them.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use