Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

A Few Additional Pickups

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 5,095Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
barryg's Avatar
United States
6011 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2012  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say the Hawaii note probably would grade at around AU+, so I feel pretty good about the price I paid.

As for the $20 Gold Certificate, I wouldn't be surprised to find out I paid too much given my past history. However, uscurrencyauctions.com lists it as selling for $175-375 in F-XF condition, which is a bit too rich for my blood. In this condition, I would have liked to pay only $100 or so, but overall I'm happy with the group of notes as a whole.
Pillar of the Community
barryg's Avatar
United States
6011 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2012  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All right, I decided to go back and pick up the $10 Hawaii Note the dealer had for $100:

A-Few-Additional-Pickups
A-Few-Additional-Pickups

$100 was probably a bit too much for it in that condition, but hopefully not too much. I've got a $20 Hawaii Note on its way to me in the mail, and that only leaves the $5 Hawaii Note that I need to find to complete my set of WWII Emergency Currency Notes.

While I was there, I also picked up a Series 1899 $2 Silver Certificate for $100:

A-Few-Additional-Pickups
A-Few-Additional-Pickups

The condition is a bit on the rough side, but still decent enough for my needs. I now own both the $1 and the $2 in this series. All I need now is the $5 (the so-called "Indian Chief" note, but that might be out of my price range for awhile, even in lower grades.
  Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 5,095Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to rattle this change. Forums