I have an 1878 8 TF Morgan that I cant figure out the VAM #. It has the A1c reverse for sure, but the obverse doesn't match any of the VAMs that go with the A1c. It has doubling or a chip under the eye-lash, a dot on the first 8, and a flake in the upper inside of the ear. Any ideas? I will post pictures if they are not too big. I guess there too big it wont upload.
Finally figured it out. I suspected VAM 3 but could not find any pictures of the obverse. I went to e-bay and typed in 1878 VAM 3 morgan and sure enough there were a couple for sale/auction that were TPG graded. The dot on the 8 showed up in their picture as well as the eye-lash spike. Mystery solved! now if I can just get rid of this headache I have from staring at a coin under a magnifier for hours I'll be alright!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use