So I was at work today and one of the office people called me to the front. He says "here want these" and hands me a 2012 nickel, 2 2010 nickels, a 2007 nickel, an 05 dime, and an 01 dime all Canadian. He said a cashier took them as change and they can't deposit them. So I got 40 cents in Canadian money for free. I don't think there worth anything other then face value but was like cool free money.
Yeah I wasn't complaining when he handed them to me. I'm glad all the office people know I like coins. Every time I see them I'm like "got any cool coins?" So far they have given me about 30 dollar coins from Ike's to the Presidential dollars and even a few silver Kennedy's not for free though but at face value was extremely happy.
Yeah I have been bugging them every time I come in and when I leave for odd/old coins. I wish they had to hand count all the money because I'm sure some silver quarters and dimes get missed since they wiegh out all the coinage. I have most of the cashiers on my side as well. Being the only grocery store in a small town has its advantages and every time I see someone at the coin star machine I always want to buy there change but know I'd probably get messed up over by overpaying for it.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use