Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Did I Do Well With This Deal? - Carthage Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,289Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Dutchgulden's Avatar
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  4:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hello,

I saw the following coin for sale and I was able to make an agreement for 12 euro incl shipping costs.

What do you think, good deal? The obverse isn't very sharp but I like the reverse. One other doubt: Its a bronze coin right?

I hope it looks better than than on the pictures

17mm



Did-I-Do-Well-With-This-Deal?---Carthage-Coin

Did-I-Do-Well-With-This-Deal?---Carthage-Coin
Edited by Dutchgulden
12/02/2013 4:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For 12 Euro you did just fine! A bronze shekel 3rd cent. BC, yea you did very well!
Pillar of the Community
ThisIsFun's Avatar
United States
2480 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThisIsFun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


Nice!
Pillar of the Community
Dutchgulden's Avatar
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I was a little unsure after I made the deal, Ill post new pictures after I have it in my hands :D
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. I want one, you did fine with the price.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine cost about that much, too, so id say it was a good deal.
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2013  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did great Dutch. Mine cost a lot more than that and no palm tree!
Pillar of the Community
Dutchgulden's Avatar
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looks even better than I could hope!

Here are some new photos:



Did-I-Do-Well-With-This-Deal?---Carthage-Coin

Did-I-Do-Well-With-This-Deal?---Carthage-Coin
Pillar of the Community
Ancientnoob's Avatar
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ancientnoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Dutch well played.
Pillar of the Community
Dutchgulden's Avatar
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
pishpash's Avatar
United Kingdom
3626 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pishpash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, and much better than the original pics.
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh yeah... nice for 12 DG!
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2013  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The new photo's bring out the coin much better... I like this type and have a few similar Carthage units on my wish list (can never spell Zeugitania though...) yours seems better value than any of those though ^^
Pillar of the Community
Dutchgulden's Avatar
Netherlands
1204 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2013  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dutchgulden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah didnt expect the condition to be that good . Sellers photo was bad (luckily)
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,289Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Forums