This is 'just' a regular British commemorative coin. Mintage is 3.400.000, so not 'special' in mintage numbers, and it's from 2011, so not 'ancient' or having many coins destroyed already over time due to various circumstances. If your coin isn't in a Fleur de Coin condition, I'd guess the price would be much, much closer to the £1 you found than the £1000. In fact, to most people it'd be worth just 50P...
As someone from the UK if I needed one (I don't) I wouldn't look to pay more than £1 for it. But I would usually wait until I get one out of circulation.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use