Im new here and to the hobby in general, my father bought a coin on impulse and since I know next to nothing about coins yet, I was looking for somewhere to ask for help to see if it is fake.
He sent this to me from the site he got it from. He also said the coin is really dark unlike the picture but the picture is the exact same.
I have never come across a fake Gallienus bronze before. The genuine coins are just too common and cheap to make it worthwhile.
Interesting side note is that while 99% of the Gallienus coins encountered are from the later hyperinflation and all have the same portrait, yours is an older coin using a younger portrait. I have one that is actually (more than 20%) silver, and I couldn't even recognize him until I made out the legend.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use