Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Your Collection After You Pass On?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,298Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
pls's Avatar
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2008  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just went through an estate situation as the administrator; my brother and I managed to agree 100% on the division and dispersal of everything. However, it would have been much easier if my mom's will had been notarized; at the time she made the will, with my dad, notarization wasn't required for the estate to avoid probate (at least in my state), and probate lasted over a year.

I probably will end up giving my collections to various family members who would regard them as less than annoyances (anyone know who might be interested in 200+ radio station coffee mugs? lol). I've already done a little dispersal with items that didn't fit into my downsizing plans. (The junkman dropped by and hauled off an engine and transmission that I thought had value but were really just giant paperweights, for example.)

I appreciate all the wise advice in this thread. Now I see that I need to do a little cataloging, and approximate value listing, so that the entire collection doesn't just end up in a CoinStar hopper or on an auction table, going for a few cents on the dollar, depending on who might be in the bidding crowd.
  Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 2,298Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums