| Author |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,015 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1217 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3207 Posts |
the toning makes the details tougher to discern, but I suspect that line is the product of a die crack
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6244 Posts |
It is incuse. So it is a damage to the coin. PMD
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1217 Posts |
Quote: It is incuse. So it is a damage to the coin. PMD It is a straight graded coin. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
7174 Posts |
Boy, they all look incused too me.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6244 Posts |
And also a MS 66? I will have to re-evaluate my self. LOL.
Edited by silviosi 01/03/2023 6:04 pm
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
Deep toning has pulled many coins across the line. Not for me, especially at a 66 grade.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10065 Posts |
I realize they are only pictures and in hand it might look different, but my eye just sees a deep scratch.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
Looks like a cut from a knife or something. I looked up the slab number and it is there. John1 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107845 Posts |
Very nice pictures, and with the close-up images you can see that they are incuse, Also they are far too straight to be cracks. These marks are scratches. But fear not, I think I do see one die crack on the obverse - it runs east/west at the top of the head...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1217 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19617 Posts |
I will say I do like the toning...
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6244 Posts |
Quote: Generation 3.0 slab - Uncommon.
Produced Dec 1987 - Aug 1989. This holder features a new front label with a brown or green border & the outside rear gold logo. Green border is less common of the two. Though this holder was produced for nearly two years, it is not seen often and usually commands a premium price. If they miss with the coin cert, at least you has a slab who command a nice premium almost because it is the green borders. PS: the Slab has more value then the coin.
Edited by silviosi 01/03/2023 9:49 pm
|
| |
Replies: 12 / Views: 1,015 |
|