*** Was directed to post this in the errors forum***
So I got bored and bought (from the bank) 3 boxes of pennies. I wasn't doing anything more than looking for Wheaties to fill a few holes I have. found an average of 6-7 per box so I was happy, but I found a couple I had a question about.
(i didn't embed them cause they are huge photos)
Maybe a double die on the right of the 8 and 9. (I know its a bad pic but it was clear enough I saw it in the pile and picked it out)
You might weigh the '82's, and see if they are copper, or zinc. Also check them for large, or small dates. There are 7 varieties on the '82, and 82-D. The copper will weigh 3.11 grams, while the zinc will weigh 2.5 grams. dick
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use