Once you get the bug for old copper, it's pretty hard to collect anything else. I do have the CC Half Dollars and Dimes, some pioneer gold, other type coins, but I always go back to my Large Cents and Colonials...something draws me to them as if our Founding Fathers are calling me :-)
I'll admit, some of these coins are quite attractive. I guess I will have to set aside a few dollars for some early coppers. I don't like the look of coins post 1814, and I picked up an 1803 cent for cheap...
so I guess I will have to add early copper coins to my list. (with the caveat that I could likely only afford one a year!)
After you get a few, then there will be no stopping you. It was that way with me. At first I wasn't too big on them but once a few were in my collection I needed to get them all. RIght now I'm almost 3/4 complete with large cents and the set is now a favorite. Some you can get fairly cheap, some not (anyone from the 1700's).
I can't convince you to like old copper coins but try this. Get a book on Large cents (maybe from a library) If you can read through the entire book and not lose interest you should collect it.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use