I tried to do this one year ago to keep stats on die varieties and errors for one year and then lotta stuff happened to put it on hold. I lost all the numbers and what I found in between since the last I posted on Die varieties and errors for one year. So I'm starting another one till I hit 25k in each denomination. I will be keeping track of any major errors, trail dies, major RPMs, and Doubled dies.
Are you trying to create a massive database collection of every known error/varieties known and any new discovery? 25k? How would this compare to varietyvista site?
i think thats a great idea! it would really put a number on how many varieties, errors, and such are out there in that kind of population. I wonder this a lot myself. keep us posted!
Youre right coppercoins there is no point in it. I'm just curious myself on what the statistic are for me in my area. Now I'm going to be keeping track of each year coins that I look for for varieties. I'm seperating each year I look through. All wheats: Ill fix the list as I go but only doing cents first till 25K hit. Then Ill do nickels and so on. There are some years I missed for my list isn't on me at the moment but this is my list off the top of my head. 1959D 1960 1960D 1962 1963 1963D 1964 1964D 1966 1968 1968D 1969 1969D 1970 1970D 1971 1971D 1972 1972D 1980 1982 1982 SMD 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1988D 1989 1992 1993D 1994 1995 1995D 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2004 2004D 2011 2012
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use